The campus community is invited to attend Founders Week 2014, the annual celebration to honor the legacy, vision and values of Duquesne’s Spiritan founders, from Sunday, Feb. 2, through Friday, Feb. 7.
The theme for this year’s Founders Week, One Heart, One Spirit: Living the Mission, will highlight a series of events focused around Spiritan education, the University’s mission and how the University community lives that mission each day.
Students are invited to participate in the following Founders Week events:
Sunday, Feb. 2
- 11 a.m. Mass, University Chapel
- Noon, Brunch, Africa Room, Union
- 9 p.m. Mass, University Chapel, with refreshments served immediately following
Monday, Feb. 3
- Noon, Lunch and Learn, From Duquesne to the Dominican Republic, Africa Room, Union
Tuesday, Feb. 4
- Noon, Lunch and Learn, Faculty and Student Round Table: Towards A Spiritan Pedagogy: Embodying the Mission in Teaching, Africa Room, Union
Wednesday, Feb. 5
- Noon, Lunch and Learn, Living the Mission: A Commuter Perspective, Africa Room, Union
Thursday, Feb. 6
- Noon, Lunch and Learn, Greek Life and Living the Mission, Africa Room, Union
Friday, Feb. 7
- 4:30 p.m., Vespers, Trinity Hall Chapel, immediately followed by a Spiritan reception.
For more information on Founders Week, contact the Division of Mission and Identity at 412.396.5097. RSVPs, which are required for all lunch and learn events and the Spiritan reception, can be made through DORI.