The Duquesne University Respect Campaign is intended to support the University Strategic Plan and reinforce the Mission, specifically the dignity of all persons. The Respect Campaign will focus on the following:
Respect of Self:
- Being proud of the person you see in the mirror
- Taking care of your body, mind, and spirit
Respect for Others:
- Being considerate of others (not gossiping, standing up for someone is hurt or being harmed
- Following the Golden and Platinum rules (treat others how you want to be treated)
- Appreciating differences
- Helping those in need
Respect for Community:
- Being a good neighbor both on and off campus
- Participating in service opportunities in your community
- Over the academic year, Student Life departments will sponsor programs and activities which focus on respect. Student organizations will be encouraged to incorporate the theme of respect into all their programs and activities, including marketing materials (brochures, posters, flyers, etc.) and on memorabilia.
Watch for contests and a variety of programs and join the conservation at #DURESPECT.