As part of the Division of Student Life’s Respect Campaign, Des Places Hall resident director Adam Wasilko took his resident assistant staff to St. Mary’s cemetery in Sharpsburg. They visited the memorial of Father Joseph Strub, C.S.Sp., the founder of Duquesne University. The staff cleaned the memorial, and planted flowers, in honor of Duquesne’s upcoming anniversary, Oct. 1. In 1878, Strub was given permission to start a college but was given no buildings, land, or money. However, the second and third floors above a bakery on Wylie Avenue were leased for the college, beginning our 135 year tradition of serving God by serving students.