On Wednesday, April 17 the Center for Student Involvement and Office of Greek Life will be hosting the Student Organization Leadership and Service Awards and dinner held in the Union Ballroom at 6 p.m. At this ceremony, we will be recognizing the outstanding efforts of student leaders, student organizations, advisors and their events. In addition, students that have completed the SPIRIT Leaders Program will be acknowledged. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
On Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, several members of the Duquesne Greek Community will be attending a Leadership retreat here on campus. This retreat is catered to up-and-coming leaders and brand new chapter executive board members. The topics covered will be: leadership style, team building and leading teams, diversity and inclusive leadership, and leading with integrity/ethical leadership. The retreat is sure to be fantastic and educational! Continue reading
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, the Greek Community will be attending the women’s basketball game against Saint Joseph’s. Greek Life is thrilled to show their support for our basketball team and invites all Greeks, parents and alumni to attend the game with us as we cheer on our Dukes! Current Greek Life members will also have the opportunity to earn points towards Greek Week for their chapter!
The Order of Omega, a leadership honor society for members of Greek organizations, welcomed 13 new members at an Induction Ceremony on November 28, 2012. The following people were recognized for their outstanding leadership, service and academic achievement: Continue reading
Interested in joining a sorority at Duquesne? Sign up for Formal Sorority Recruitment, taking place the week of January 21, 2013. Each day, Thursday through Sunday morning, women will have a chance to visit the chapters and see what each sorority at Duquesne has to offer. By Sunday night, you will receive a Bid to join a chapter! Sign-ups are located Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the 3rd floor of the Union or you can sign-up online through Campus Link on the Office of Greek Life page. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Panhellenic VP and Director of Recruitment, Katelyn Barley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2012 Carnival Winners! Visit www.youtube.com/greeklifeduquesne to see footage of the shows!
- First Place Overall – “Fractured Fairytale” – Gamma Phi Beta and Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Second Place – “Take A Chance” – Alpha Gamma Delta, Tau Kappa Epsilon, and Alpha Delta
- Third Place – “Bug’s Life” – Sigma Kappa, Sigma Tau Gamma, and Alpha Phi Delta
- Best Booth
- 1st – Fractured Fairytale – Gamma Phi Beta and Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- 2nd – Bug’s Life – Sigma Kappa, Sigma Tau Gamma, Alpha Phi Delta
- 3rd – Making Strides
- Service Award – Alpha Gamma Delta
- Costumes – Bugs Life – Sigma Kappa, Sigma Tau Gamma, Alpha Phi Delta
- Video – Take a Chance – Alpha Gamma Delta, Tau Kappa Epsilon, Alpha Delta
- Music – Blast From the Past – Delta Chi, Zeta Tau Alpha
- Scenery – Bugs Life – Sigma Kappa, Sigma Tau Gamma, Alpha Phi Delta
- Choreography – Show Must Go On – Sigma Nu, Alpha Sigma Tau, Alpha Epsilon Pi, Iota Phi Theta
- Script – Fractured Fairytale – Gamma Phi Beta, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Male Vocal – Jarred Adkins – Romeo
- Female Vocal – Grace Callahan – Miss Peacock
- Supporting Actor – Andy Morus – Tau Kappa Epsilon
- Supporting Actress – Kelly Anlas – Alpha Phi
- Best Actor – Flick – Joey Hornack
- Best Actress – Gretel – Valerie Fina
In early November, the brothers of the Sigma Nu Fraternity held their 7th Annual White Rose Ball. This is a philanthropy event benefiting the American Gold Star Mothers, which is an organization of women who have lost a child to the service of our country. This year $7,500 was raised, bringing the total donated to the mothers to $58,000.
The Duquesne chapter of the Delta Zeta sorority recently presented the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic with a $1,000 donation as part of its philanthropy efforts. Chapter members presented a check to Dr. Mikael D.Z. Kimelman, associate professor and chair of the Department of Speech-Language Pathology, on October 23.
This summer, several Fraternities and Sororities attended their annual or bi-annual conventions throughout the company! Below are some photos and info from the chapters that went to their conventions! Continue reading
Hazing Awareness Week included a Mass in the Duquesne Chapel sponsored by GAMMA on September 23 at 9 p.m., a Rita’s Sale in the PNC Atrium on September 25 from 7 p.m.-9 p.m. to benefit Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, and a Greek trivia game and hazing panel involving Greeks and student athletes. Continue reading
The annual fall event, Meet the Greeks, was held Wednesday, September 12, 2012, in the Union Ballroom. Organized by the Panhellenic and Interfraternity councils, this event allowed both freshman and upperclassmen to get a glimpse of what Greek Life is all about at Duquesne. Each chapter was able to proudly display their awards and accolades to new students interested in Greek Life. Continue reading