Need Research Help? More Ways to Ask a Librarian!
- Text us at a NEW number: 412.265.3599
- Email us at a NEW email address: email@example.com
- NEW! – Chat with a Gumberg librarian when the Reference Desk is staffed
- Get research assistance 24/7 from an academic librarian via Ask Here PA
New 4th floor lounge has:
- Computers along the walls that allow for the addition of soft seating, ottomans, and small tables
- New chairs that are on wheels to make it easy for students to move them when they want to work alone or in groups
- New carpet in Duquesne red and blue
- Windows covered in solar film to reduce glare and heat loss
- New wraparound counter designed to hold four new “xpress” computers designated for quick lookups and quick printing
Is Duquesne haunted? Come find out! Spend a spooky evening with University Archivist Thomas White, author of several books on Pennsylvania folklore, on Wednesday, October 30, 8-9:30 p.m. at the Silverman Center on the 1st floor of Gumberg Library.
Listen to ghost stories and legends of the university and surrounding neighborhoods. Tasty treats too!
Fall 2013 Regular Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Anyone entering Gumberg Library must swipe their ID card and show their photo ID during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to closing
- Saturday: All day
- Sunday: All day
24 Hour Study @ Gumberg Library
7 a.m. Monday, April 22 – 9 p.m. Tuesday, April 30
Replacement of both front elevators in the Gumberg Library will continue during the 2013 spring semester. One elevator will be renovated at a time. Please be patience with increased noise levels. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For Gumberg Library news and announcements…
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
You asked…there are now more outlets for students to charge phones and tablet computers in the library. Look for them on the pillars in the 4th floor study area and on the wall with the statue of Our Lady of Wisdom in the Popular Reading area.
- Friday, March 1 — 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday – Friday, March 4-8 — 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10 — 1 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 27 — 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday – Sunday, March 28-31 — CLOSED
- Monday, April 1 — 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Remember, you will need your Duquesne University I.D. to enter the Gumberg Library and check out resources.
24 Hour Study for Finals @ Gumberg Library
- Gumberg Library will be open continuously from 7 a.m. Monday, December 10 through 9 p.m. Tuesday, December 18.
- Free snacks at midnight! You’ll find quiet study on the first, second, and third floors.
- Group study areas are on the fourth and fifth floors.
- Always bring your ID—we card for your safety. Card swipe entry required between 5 p.m. and 7 a.m. weekdays, and on weekends.
- Gumberg Library will be open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on December 19-20; 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 21; and closed Dec. 22-23.
- Note: Exams begin Wednesday, December 12, and the last final is given at 6 pm on Tuesday, December 18. Official graduation date is Thursday, December 20.
Study Tables an Endangered Species?
I hear Gumberg Library is a great place to study for finals unless you can’t find a place to sit!
You can help preserve study tables and their habitat! Don’t let this happen to your study space!
Check out the Fourth Floor Renovations
Gumberg Library Renovations
View photos of our recent renovations on Facebook, click here
Too Noisy in the Living Learning Center?
All areas of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of the library have been designated for quiet study. Additionally, keys to individual study carrels on the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th floors are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk. Continue reading
Study Breaks 2012: A Continuation of a Duquesne Tradition
Friday, April 27, from 9 p.m. to midnight, the Office of Residence Life and DU CARES will host the semi-annual (once each semester) Study Break. Continue reading
- Remember Finals Table Etiquette @ Gumberg Library
- Monday, April 23 – Opens at 7 a.m. – Begin finals hours
- Tuesday, April 24 to Monday, April 30 – Open 24 hours
- Tuesday, May 1 – Close at 9 p.m. – End finals hours
- Wednesday, May 2 – Friday, May 4, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, May 6 – CLOSED
Swipe card access will be from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. on Monday, April 23, and 5 p.m. – 8 a.m. Monday – Friday and all day and night on the weekend.
This year, two Duquesne University students were awarded the Gumberg Library Endowed Student Scholarship. Continue reading