- The fourth floor bathrooms on both the East and West sides of St. Ann were renovated.
- With completion of the third, fourth and fifth floors, the Towers bathroom renovation project is now complete, as is the furniture replacement project.
- The floor renovation project in Towers continued, with the ninth, tenth and eleventh floors being completed.
- Seventy-five more units in Brottier have been fully furnished.
- In Towers, the B-side stairwell is now accessible for residents traveling to and from the lobby, thanks to a total redesign of the lobby area as well as the addition of card readers throughout the stairwell.
- Flooring was replaced in several locations throughout St. Martin, Assumption and Brottier.
As many of you prepare to depart for the summer, The Office of Residence Life would like to share some important end of semester information.
- 24-hour Quiet Hours begin on Tuesday, April 23 at 8 p.m. and will be strictly enforced to help ensure an environment conducive to studying for finals.
- Residents are expected to move out of their Living Learning Center within 24 hours of their last final exam.
- All Living Learning Centers will close on Wednesday, May 1 at 9 a.m.
- Students should work with their Resident Assistant and their Building Office to have their room checked and to return their keys prior to their departure.
- Students can dispose of carpets in the designated area of their Living Learning Center.
- A limited number of carts will be available in each lobby for use during move-outs.
Please speak with your Resident Director or Resident Assistant if you have any additional questions.
This summer, numerous improvements will be taking place in the Living Learning Centers. Some of it will be very apparent in the Fall, but some of it will be more focused on improving the function of our facilities. It may not be something you would necessarily see, but those projects will make the buildings work better and be more livable as well. Here is some of the work that will take place, both the noticeable things and the behind-the-scenes projects: Continue reading
In the fall of 2013, Towers Living Learning Center will launch two global diversity floors for students with an interest in international affairs and global cultures. Students living on these floors will: Continue reading
It’s that time of year! Room Selection is approaching for the 2013-2014 academic year. Here is some important information that you will need to know.
- Each student will be required to make a non-refundable $300 deposit. Deposits must be submitted to the Cashier’s Office in the Administration building. Please keep your receipt. You will need it to select your lottery number.
- Lottery numbers will be selected in the Assumption Hall Lobby between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 27-28, March 1, and March 11-13.
- Room Selection for Current Sophomores and higher will occur on March 13, 2013, in the Duquesne Union Ballroom.
- Room Selection for Current Freshmen will occur on March 14, 2013, in the Duquesne Union Ballroom.
- The buildings available for selection are Assumption Hall, Brottier Hall, Des Places Hall, Duquesne Towers, and Vickroy Hall.
Please watch for our room selection newsletter in the Living Learning Centers and online at this link.