Duquesne Athletics is excited to announce that the fourth annual Tipoff Tailgate, co-sponsored by the Student Government Association, Duquesne Program Council and over 20 other Duquesne University student organizations, will be held on Saturday, Jan. 10 when the Dukes host Rhode Island in an exciting Atlantic 10 Conference matchup. Continue reading
The Duquesne Athletics Department announced their 2014-2015 promotional schedule for the men’s basketball season in September, and on the list this year included a giveaway to honor a very special member of the Duquesne University family, Fr. Sean Hogan, C.S.Sp. A one-of-a-kind Fr. Hogan Bobble Head will be available for the first 1,000 fans that attend the Duquesne Dukes men’s basketball game on Saturday, Jan. 10 at 1 p.m. against Rhode Island at the Palumbo Center. This is the only way to get this limited edition bobble head. Continue reading
During the month of February 2015, the Gumberg Library will be conducting an online survey to assess how well the library is serving the needs of Duquesne students, faculty, and staff. The Gumberg Library has conducted the LibQUAL+ survey every three years since 2006 to track service quality over time. LibQUAL+ offers the opportunity for students to help the library understand how to better fulfill the University mission. Those who participate in the survey will be entered in a drawing to win a variety of prizes. In previous years, the library has offered such prizes as iPads, Kindles, and gift cards. Continue reading
Every year the Duquesne Dukes have the opportunity to play a few select games in the CONSOL Energy Center. On Saturday, Feb. 21, the Duquesne Dukes play Dayton. Mark your calendars for this exciting game! Duquesne Athletics and the Office of Freshmen Development will be offering reduced prices on tickets for Duquesne families, as well as some pregame events on campus we would love to see you at.
It’s that time of year! Room Selection is approaching for the 2015-2016 academic year. Here is some important information that you will need to know.
- Each student will be required to make a non-refundable $300.00 deposit. Deposits must be submitted to the Cashier’s Office in the Administration building. Please keep your receipt. You will need it to select your lottery number.
- Lottery numbers will be selected in the Assumption Hall Lobby from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 25-27 and March 9-11.
- Room Selection for Current Sophomores and higher will occur on March 11, 2015 in the Duquesne Union Ballroom.
- Room Selection for Current Freshmen will occur on March 12, 2015 in the Duquesne Union Ballroom.
- The buildings available for selection are Assumption Hall, Brottier Hall, Des Places Hall, Duquesne Towers and Vickroy Hall.
Please watch for our room selection newsletter in the Living Learning Centers and online at www.duq.edu/residence-life.