The Duquesne chapter of Phi Kappa Phi, an interdisciplinary honor society, inducted 95 students and nine faculty and staff members at the organization’s annual induction ceremony on April 1.
The inductees were:
- Paul-James Cukanna, associate provost and associate academic vice president
- Dr. Jefferey D. Evanseck, chemistry professor, School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Connie M. Moss, clinical associate professor, School of Education
- Darryl J. Ozimek, physics instructor, School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Ara J. Schmitt, assistant professor, School of Education
- Dr. Autumn Stewart, assistant professor of pharmacy, School of Pharmacy
- Dr. James C. Swindal, dean, McAnulty College
- Dr. Diane L. Williams, assistant professor speech pathology, School of Health Sciences
- Dr. Eileen H. Zungolo, dean, School of Nursing.
“Faculty members are selected based on their outstanding scholarly and professional contributions to the pursuit of learning,” said Dr. Laverna Saunders, University librarian and chapter president of Phi Kappa Phi.
Zungolo discussed leadership when she presented the keynote address at the event.
Phi Kappa Phi’s mission is “to recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others.”
On campus, the group hosts events that bring disciplines together and recognize student achievement. Duquesne’s chapter of Phi Kappa Phi sponsors awards for the Undergraduate Research Symposium and graduate student fellowships.
Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $19,810 were received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 23, 2014]
What has Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler been up to?
DU in the News [July 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience