Funds totaling $148,511 were recently received by the School of Nursing, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- The School of Nursing, $2,000, from the Ohio Nurses Foundation for the dissertation research project of doctoral nursing student Faye Grund for Predictors of Health Promoting Lifestyles in Undergraduate Nursing Students. Dr. Kathleen Sekula, School of Nursing, will administer the award.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, School of Pharmacy, $6,511, Hunkele Dreaded Disease Award, for Solid Particulate Intranasal Administration of L-Dopa for Direct to CNS Delivery. The award will run through May 31, 2014.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $140,000, Year 1 of a three-grant grant from the National Science Foundation, for Optical, Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Multi-Cation Diamond-Like Semiconductors: Intricate Semiconductor Systems for Physical Property Tuning. Total anticipated funding for three years will be $431,000.
Grants Received [April 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $8,500 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 23, 2014]
What have Dr. Antony Davies, Dr. Leesa M. Dibartola and Jane Moriarty been up to?
DU in the News [April 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 23, 2014]
Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures
Spiritan Campus Minister Kate Lecci, who participated in the migrant farmworker experience in Florida, shares how Duquesne students, faculty and staff share of themselves and learn about others over spring break.
- Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures