Funds totaling $148,511 were recently received by the School of Nursing, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- The School of Nursing, $2,000, from the Ohio Nurses Foundation for the dissertation research project of doctoral nursing student Faye Grund for Predictors of Health Promoting Lifestyles in Undergraduate Nursing Students. Dr. Kathleen Sekula, School of Nursing, will administer the award.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, School of Pharmacy, $6,511, Hunkele Dreaded Disease Award, for Solid Particulate Intranasal Administration of L-Dopa for Direct to CNS Delivery. The award will run through May 31, 2014.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $140,000, Year 1 of a three-grant grant from the National Science Foundation, for Optical, Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Multi-Cation Diamond-Like Semiconductors: Intricate Semiconductor Systems for Physical Property Tuning. Total anticipated funding for three years will be $431,000.
Grants Received [July 29, 2015]
Funds totaling $100,911 were awarded to School of Nursing, the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 29, 2015]
What has Dr. Kevin Tidgewell been up to?
DU in the News [July 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 29, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions