Funds totaling $148,511 were recently received by the School of Nursing, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- The School of Nursing, $2,000, from the Ohio Nurses Foundation for the dissertation research project of doctoral nursing student Faye Grund for Predictors of Health Promoting Lifestyles in Undergraduate Nursing Students. Dr. Kathleen Sekula, School of Nursing, will administer the award.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, School of Pharmacy, $6,511, Hunkele Dreaded Disease Award, for Solid Particulate Intranasal Administration of L-Dopa for Direct to CNS Delivery. The award will run through May 31, 2014.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $140,000, Year 1 of a three-grant grant from the National Science Foundation, for Optical, Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Multi-Cation Diamond-Like Semiconductors: Intricate Semiconductor Systems for Physical Property Tuning. Total anticipated funding for three years will be $431,000.
Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
What have Drs. Pat Arneson, Jan Janecka, John Pollock, Ralph A. Wheeler and George Yancy been up to?
DU in the News [March 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 26, 2014]
Funds totaling $43,333 were recently received by the School of Education, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Duquesne Tamburitzans.
- Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families
For the eighth consecutive year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is helping needy families in Pittsburgh obtain turkeys for their holiday meals.
- Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families