Funds totaling $148,511 were recently received by the School of Nursing, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- The School of Nursing, $2,000, from the Ohio Nurses Foundation for the dissertation research project of doctoral nursing student Faye Grund for Predictors of Health Promoting Lifestyles in Undergraduate Nursing Students. Dr. Kathleen Sekula, School of Nursing, will administer the award.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, School of Pharmacy, $6,511, Hunkele Dreaded Disease Award, for Solid Particulate Intranasal Administration of L-Dopa for Direct to CNS Delivery. The award will run through May 31, 2014.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $140,000, Year 1 of a three-grant grant from the National Science Foundation, for Optical, Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Multi-Cation Diamond-Like Semiconductors: Intricate Semiconductor Systems for Physical Property Tuning. Total anticipated funding for three years will be $431,000.
Grants Received [April 27, 2016]
Funds totaling $53,979 were received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and School of Education.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 27, 2016]
What have Dr. Joan Lockhart, Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Ken Gormley and Dr. Alan Seadler been up to?
DU in the News [April 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 27, 2016]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting