Funds totaling $148,511 were recently received by the School of Nursing, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- The School of Nursing, $2,000, from the Ohio Nurses Foundation for the dissertation research project of doctoral nursing student Faye Grund for Predictors of Health Promoting Lifestyles in Undergraduate Nursing Students. Dr. Kathleen Sekula, School of Nursing, will administer the award.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, School of Pharmacy, $6,511, Hunkele Dreaded Disease Award, for Solid Particulate Intranasal Administration of L-Dopa for Direct to CNS Delivery. The award will run through May 31, 2014.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $140,000, Year 1 of a three-grant grant from the National Science Foundation, for Optical, Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Multi-Cation Diamond-Like Semiconductors: Intricate Semiconductor Systems for Physical Property Tuning. Total anticipated funding for three years will be $431,000.
Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $19,810 were received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 23, 2014]
What has Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler been up to?
DU in the News [July 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience