Funds totaling $150,274 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Drs. Jeff Evanseck and Jeffry D. Madura, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $85,924 of Year 2 funding, from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Drug Abuse for A Joint Computational/Experimental Biomedical Summer Research Program for Undergraduates. This brings the total award amount to date to $173,566.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $19,350 in additional funding from the American Chemical Society and other donations for the Project Seed Program, which provides an opportunity for economically disadvantaged high school students to be introduced to work in the chemistry lab. This brings the total award amount to date to $123,661.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $9,000 Faculty Development Fund award for Natural Compounds for the Treatment of Age-Related Motor Deficits. The award extends through April 30, 2014.
- Dr. Ben Kolber, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, $6,000, Hunkele Dreaded Disease Award for Treating Comorbid Major Depression and Chronic Pain with Novel Compounds that Target Both Individual Diseases. The award extends through May 31, 2014.
- SBDC, $30,000, from the Pittsburgh Central Keystone Innovation Zone through a U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration Award. Dr. Mary McKinney, SBDC director, will administer the award.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 30,2014]
What has Dr. Erroline Williams been up to?
DU in the News [July 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $19,810 were received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 30,2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience