Funds totaling $63,652 have been received by the School of Education, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Office of Research.
- The School of Education, $1,500, from Wheeling Jesuit University on behalf of the Center for Educational Technologies, for the Mining and Industrial Safety Technology and Training Innovation project. Dr. Rodney Hopson will administer the award.
- Dr. Lauren O’Donnell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $9,000, from the Samuel and Emma Winters Foundation, for Neuroprotective Role of Inflammatory Cytokine in Neonatal CNS Infections.
- The Office of Research, $53,152, from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, to continue the Program for Academic Excellence. Dr. Judith Griggs, director of the Learning Skills Center, will administer the grant.
Grants Received [February 3, 2016]
Funds totaling $41,000 were received by the School of Pharmacy and the School of Nursing.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 3, 2016]
What has Tiffany Sizemore-Thompson been up to?
DU in the News [February 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 3, 2016]
Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy
By the Rev. Bill Christy, C.S.Sp., and Debbie Kostosky
A tradition in the Catholic Church has been to bless chalk at the Masses for Epiphany and then use that chalk as part of the blessing of one’s home in the new year.
- Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy