Medicines play an important role in treating many conditions and diseases, but when they are no longer needed, it is important to dispose of them properly to avoid harm to others.
A drug take-back event will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 17, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the rotunda of the Bayer Learning Center to help the campus community properly dispose of expired or unused medicines. The event is sponsored by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Wellness in Motion initiative and the Department of Public Safety.
The following will be accepted for proper disposal for free and with no questions asked:
- Unused, expired or recalled prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Labeled or unlabeled medications
- Ointments, creams, lotions or powders
- Inhalers and nebulizer solutions.
The following will not be accepted:
- Needles, EpiPen injectors, syringes, lancets or any other sharps
- Thermometers, glass or durable medical equipment
- Marijuana or methamphetamine.
Participants should leave medicines in their original containers and mark out personal information.
For more information, contact Dr. Vince Gianetti of the School of Pharmacy at 412.396.6379.
Grants Received [August 20, 2014]
Funds totaling $128,000 were recently received by the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [August 20, 2014]
What has Dr. James P. Purdy been up to?
DU in the News [August 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [August 20, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience