Medicines play an important role in treating many conditions and diseases, but when they are no longer needed, it is important to dispose of them properly to avoid harm to others.
A drug take-back event will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 17, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the rotunda of the Bayer Learning Center to help the campus community properly dispose of expired or unused medicines. The event is sponsored by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Wellness in Motion initiative and the Department of Public Safety.
The following will be accepted for proper disposal for free and with no questions asked:
- Unused, expired or recalled prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Labeled or unlabeled medications
- Ointments, creams, lotions or powders
- Inhalers and nebulizer solutions.
The following will not be accepted:
- Needles, EpiPen injectors, syringes, lancets or any other sharps
- Thermometers, glass or durable medical equipment
- Marijuana or methamphetamine.
Participants should leave medicines in their original containers and mark out personal information.
For more information, contact Dr. Vince Gianetti of the School of Pharmacy at 412.396.6379.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 22, 2017]
What have Drs. Faith Bjalobok and Jacob Rooksby been up to?
DU in the News [February 2017]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Funds totaling $200,199 were recently received by the Office of International Programs, the Center for African Studies, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
- Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 22, 2017]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting