Funds totaling $471,013 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, $441,834, awarded by the National Institutes of Health’s National Cancer Institute, to fund the project Purine Synthesis Inhibitors With Selective Folate Receptor Tumor Transport.
- The Department of Physics, Bayer School, $26,179, from a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant to fund RUI: Studies of Nucleon Structure Using Electromagnetic Probes at Jefferson Laboratory.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $3,000, from the Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Incorporated to fund Project SEED. This brings the total award amount for this project to $132,660.99.
Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
What have Drs. Pat Arneson, Jan Janecka, John Pollock, Ralph A. Wheeler and George Yancy been up to?
DU in the News [March 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 26, 2014]
Funds totaling $43,333 were recently received by the School of Education, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Duquesne Tamburitzans.
- Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families
For the eighth consecutive year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is helping needy families in Pittsburgh obtain turkeys for their holiday meals.
- Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families