President Charles J. Dougherty has announced the promotion and granting of tenure to the following faculty members:
- Dr. Lawrence H. Block, pharmaceutical sciences
Promoted to Professor
- Dr. Janie Harden Fritz, communication and rhetorical studies
- Dr. Mark Haas, political science
- Dr. Lewis Irwin, political science
- Dr. Kathleen Sekula, nursing
- Dr. George Yancy, philosophy
- Dr. Rick Zoucha, nursing
Granted Tenure and Promoted to Associate Professor
- Dr. Bogdan Bucur, theology
- John Fried, English
- Dr. Erik Garrett, communication and rhetorical studies
- Dr. Pinar Geylani, economics and quantitative analysis
- Dr. Ann Huang, counseling, psychology and special education
- Dr. David Lapinsky, pharmaceutical sciences
- Dr. Nihat Polat, instruction and leadership in education
- Dr. Ann Marie Popp, sociology
- Dr. Jeffrey Roberts, accounting and information systems management
- Dr. Khlood Salman, nursing
- Dr. Pavel Yakovlev, economics and quantitative analysis.
Grants Received [February 10, 2016]
Funds totaling $158,120 were received by Duquesne’s Program for Academic Excellence and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 10, 2016]
What have John Stolz and Ralph A. Wheeler been up to?
DU in the News [February 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 10, 2016]
Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy
By the Rev. Bill Christy, C.S.Sp., and Debbie Kostosky
A tradition in the Catholic Church has been to bless chalk at the Masses for Epiphany and then use that chalk as part of the blessing of one’s home in the new year.
- Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy