Duquesne’s first Distinguished Dissertation Award winners have been recognized.
The categories, winners and their advisors are:
- Social sciences: Lina D. Dostilio, School of Education; Dr. Connie Moss, advisor
- Humanities: Jacob N. Graham, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts (philosophy); Dr. Michael Harrington, advisor
- Physical and biological sciences: Kristen M. Kruszewski, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (chemistry); Dr. Ellen S. Gawalt, advisor
- Pharmacy, health sciences and nursing: Brian M. Zacour, Mylan School of Pharmacy; Dr. Carl A. Anderson, advisor.
Winners in each category received a $500 award from the provost and a plaque from the Office of Research. The awards were co-sponsored by the Graduate Council and the Office of Research.
Members of the award committee, chaired by Dr. Alan Seadler, associate provost/academic associate vice president for research, included Dr. Mike Cascio, Bayer School; Dr. Bonnie Dean, School of Nursing; and Dr. Linda Kinnahan, McAnulty College.
Grants Received [September 17, 2014]
Funds totaling $274,171 were recently received by the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Learning Skills Center, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the City Music Center and the School of Nursing.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 17, 2014]
What have Valarie Blake, Dr. Roger Brooke and Ken Gormley been up to?
DU in the News [September 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [September 17, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience