Duquesne’s first Distinguished Dissertation Award winners have been recognized.
The categories, winners and their advisors are:
- Social sciences: Lina D. Dostilio, School of Education; Dr. Connie Moss, advisor
- Humanities: Jacob N. Graham, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts (philosophy); Dr. Michael Harrington, advisor
- Physical and biological sciences: Kristen M. Kruszewski, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (chemistry); Dr. Ellen S. Gawalt, advisor
- Pharmacy, health sciences and nursing: Brian M. Zacour, Mylan School of Pharmacy; Dr. Carl A. Anderson, advisor.
Winners in each category received a $500 award from the provost and a plaque from the Office of Research. The awards were co-sponsored by the Graduate Council and the Office of Research.
Members of the award committee, chaired by Dr. Alan Seadler, associate provost/academic associate vice president for research, included Dr. Mike Cascio, Bayer School; Dr. Bonnie Dean, School of Nursing; and Dr. Linda Kinnahan, McAnulty College.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 22, 2017]
What have Drs. Faith Bjalobok and Jacob Rooksby been up to?
DU in the News [February 2017]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Funds totaling $200,199 were recently received by the Office of International Programs, the Center for African Studies, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
- Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 22, 2017]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting