Duquesne’s first Distinguished Dissertation Award winners have been recognized.
The categories, winners and their advisors are:
- Social sciences: Lina D. Dostilio, School of Education; Dr. Connie Moss, advisor
- Humanities: Jacob N. Graham, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts (philosophy); Dr. Michael Harrington, advisor
- Physical and biological sciences: Kristen M. Kruszewski, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (chemistry); Dr. Ellen S. Gawalt, advisor
- Pharmacy, health sciences and nursing: Brian M. Zacour, Mylan School of Pharmacy; Dr. Carl A. Anderson, advisor.
Winners in each category received a $500 award from the provost and a plaque from the Office of Research. The awards were co-sponsored by the Graduate Council and the Office of Research.
Members of the award committee, chaired by Dr. Alan Seadler, associate provost/academic associate vice president for research, included Dr. Mike Cascio, Bayer School; Dr. Bonnie Dean, School of Nursing; and Dr. Linda Kinnahan, McAnulty College.
Grants Received [April 27, 2016]
Funds totaling $53,979 were received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and School of Education.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 27, 2016]
What have Dr. Joan Lockhart, Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Ken Gormley and Dr. Alan Seadler been up to?
DU in the News [April 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 27, 2016]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting