Three Duquesne faculty members were honored at the 21st annual Teacher of the Year ceremony on April 22. The event is sponsored by the Duquesne Chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, a national leadership honor society.
The Teacher of the Year awards for the 2012-2013 academic year were presented to:
- Dr. Rebecca Kronk, assistant professor, School of Nursing
- Robert Allen Kurth, assistant director of Choral Organizations and professor, Mary Pappert School of Music
- Sean Tierney, instructor, McAnulty College of Liberal Arts.
Since 1992, the event has provided students with the opportunity to nominate a teacher who best exemplifies leadership and excellence in the classroom.
Grants Received [February 10, 2016]
Funds totaling $158,120 were received by Duquesne’s Program for Academic Excellence and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 10, 2016]
What have John Stolz and Ralph A. Wheeler been up to?
DU in the News [February 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 10, 2016]
Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy
By the Rev. Bill Christy, C.S.Sp., and Debbie Kostosky
A tradition in the Catholic Church has been to bless chalk at the Masses for Epiphany and then use that chalk as part of the blessing of one’s home in the new year.
- Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy