Three Duquesne faculty members were honored at the 21st annual Teacher of the Year ceremony on April 22. The event is sponsored by the Duquesne Chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, a national leadership honor society.
The Teacher of the Year awards for the 2012-2013 academic year were presented to:
- Dr. Rebecca Kronk, assistant professor, School of Nursing
- Robert Allen Kurth, assistant director of Choral Organizations and professor, Mary Pappert School of Music
- Sean Tierney, instructor, McAnulty College of Liberal Arts.
Since 1992, the event has provided students with the opportunity to nominate a teacher who best exemplifies leadership and excellence in the classroom.
Grants Received [August 26, 2015]
Funds totaling $160,000 were awarded to the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the School of Education.
DU in the News [August 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [August 19, 2015]
Funds totaling $29,100 were awarded to the Mary Pappert School of Music and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Grants Received [August 26, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions