Three Duquesne faculty members were honored at the 21st annual Teacher of the Year ceremony on April 22. The event is sponsored by the Duquesne Chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, a national leadership honor society.
The Teacher of the Year awards for the 2012-2013 academic year were presented to:
- Dr. Rebecca Kronk, assistant professor, School of Nursing
- Robert Allen Kurth, assistant director of Choral Organizations and professor, Mary Pappert School of Music
- Sean Tierney, instructor, McAnulty College of Liberal Arts.
Since 1992, the event has provided students with the opportunity to nominate a teacher who best exemplifies leadership and excellence in the classroom.
Faculty Spotlight [January 21, 2015]
What has Dr. Paula Sammarone Turocy been up to?
DU in the News [January 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [January 21, 2015]
Funds totaling $6,000 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty Spotlight [January 21, 2015]
Nearly 27 Years After Initial Trip to Florida Tomato Fields, Students and Staff Work Alongside Fair Food Movement
Immokalee is a quiet town in southwest Florida with a long history of unjust wages, unsafe working conditions and, in extreme instances, prosecuted cases of modern-day slavery for the migrant farmworkers who harvest 90 percent of the United States’ winter tomatoes.
- Nearly 27 Years After Initial Trip to Florida Tomato Fields, Students and Staff Work Alongside Fair Food Movement