Funds totaling $154,370 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Duquesne University Tamburitzans.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $141,166, Year 3 of an award from the National Institutes of Health’s National Cancer Institute for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance. This brings the total funding to date to $737,195.
- Dr. Vincent Giannetti, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $3,500, from Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc. for a community education seminar Chemical Dependency: Identification, Diversion and Prevention.
- Duquesne University Tamburitzans, $9,704, from Pennsylvania’s Council on the Arts. Paul Stafura, managing director, will administer the award.
Grants Received [August 26, 2015]
Funds totaling $160,000 were awarded to the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the School of Education.
DU in the News [August 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [August 19, 2015]
Funds totaling $29,100 were awarded to the Mary Pappert School of Music and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Grants Received [August 26, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions