Funding totaling $184,300 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Dr. Michael Cascio, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Dr. David J. Lapinsky, Mylan School of Pharmacy, co-investigators, $165,000 from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, for Year 1 funding of Photoprobes for Identifying Potential Anti-depressant and Anti-anxiety Medication.
- The physics department, an additional $9,300 from the Jefferson Laboratory, Newport News, Va., for Data Analysis of Gas Electron Multipliers (GEMs) for a Ring Imaging Detector. This brings the total award amount to date to $16,300. The project principal investigator is visiting professor Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar.
- The School of Pharmacy, $10,000 from the PNC Charitable Trust for support of the Hill District Center for Pharmacy Services Community Outreach Initiative. The funds will be administered by Pharmacy Dean Dr. Douglas Bricker and Dr. Terri Kroh.
Grants Received [July 29, 2015]
Funds totaling $100,911 were awarded to School of Nursing, the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 29, 2015]
What has Dr. Kevin Tidgewell been up to?
DU in the News [July 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 29, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions