Funding totaling $184,300 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Dr. Michael Cascio, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Dr. David J. Lapinsky, Mylan School of Pharmacy, co-investigators, $165,000 from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, for Year 1 funding of Photoprobes for Identifying Potential Anti-depressant and Anti-anxiety Medication.
- The physics department, an additional $9,300 from the Jefferson Laboratory, Newport News, Va., for Data Analysis of Gas Electron Multipliers (GEMs) for a Ring Imaging Detector. This brings the total award amount to date to $16,300. The project principal investigator is visiting professor Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar.
- The School of Pharmacy, $10,000 from the PNC Charitable Trust for support of the Hill District Center for Pharmacy Services Community Outreach Initiative. The funds will be administered by Pharmacy Dean Dr. Douglas Bricker and Dr. Terri Kroh.
Grants Received [April 9, 2014]
Funds totaling $207,970 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 9, 2014]
What have Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler, David Nolfi, Dr. Jill A. Perry and Donna Steed been up to?
DU in the News [April 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 9, 2014]
Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures
Spiritan Campus Minister Kate Lecci, who participated in the migrant farmworker experience in Florida, shares how Duquesne students, faculty and staff share of themselves and learn about others over spring break.
- Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures