Funding totaling $184,300 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Dr. Michael Cascio, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Dr. David J. Lapinsky, Mylan School of Pharmacy, co-investigators, $165,000 from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, for Year 1 funding of Photoprobes for Identifying Potential Anti-depressant and Anti-anxiety Medication.
- The physics department, an additional $9,300 from the Jefferson Laboratory, Newport News, Va., for Data Analysis of Gas Electron Multipliers (GEMs) for a Ring Imaging Detector. This brings the total award amount to date to $16,300. The project principal investigator is visiting professor Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar.
- The School of Pharmacy, $10,000 from the PNC Charitable Trust for support of the Hill District Center for Pharmacy Services Community Outreach Initiative. The funds will be administered by Pharmacy Dean Dr. Douglas Bricker and Dr. Terri Kroh.
Grants Received [August 20, 2014]
Funds totaling $128,000 were recently received by the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [August 20, 2014]
What has Dr. James P. Purdy been up to?
DU in the News [August 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [August 20, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience