Funding totaling $184,300 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Dr. Michael Cascio, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Dr. David J. Lapinsky, Mylan School of Pharmacy, co-investigators, $165,000 from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, for Year 1 funding of Photoprobes for Identifying Potential Anti-depressant and Anti-anxiety Medication.
- The physics department, an additional $9,300 from the Jefferson Laboratory, Newport News, Va., for Data Analysis of Gas Electron Multipliers (GEMs) for a Ring Imaging Detector. This brings the total award amount to date to $16,300. The project principal investigator is visiting professor Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar.
- The School of Pharmacy, $10,000 from the PNC Charitable Trust for support of the Hill District Center for Pharmacy Services Community Outreach Initiative. The funds will be administered by Pharmacy Dean Dr. Douglas Bricker and Dr. Terri Kroh.
Grants Received [January 18, 2017]
Funds totaling $216,809 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), the School of Pharmacy and the School of Nursing.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [January 18, 2017]
What have Drs. Aimee Kane and Kathleen Sekula been up to?
DU in the News [January 2017]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [January 18, 2017]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting