Funds totaling $704,765 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Rangos School of Health Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Drs. Jeffrey D. Evanseck and Jeffry D. Madura, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, $300,000, from the National Science Foundation, for Integrated Computational and Experimental REU Site.
- Dr. Stan Kabala, Dr. John Stolz and Dr. Brady Porter, Center for Environmental Research and Education and the Department of Biological Sciences, $29,448, from the West Virginia University Foundation Water Research Institute and Center, for five mini-grants to various agencies for the Allegheny Northern QUEST project. This brings the total award amount to date to $129,448.
- Dr. Anne Marie Hansen, Department of Occupational Therapy, $5,000, from the Frederic W. Sammons Family Foundation to survey the state of occupational therapy professional education in Africa.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, $15,231 in additional funding for the second year of an award from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, for Pneumocystis Jirovecii Targeted Antiopportunistic Agents. This brings the total award amount to date to $738,650.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $11,851 subcontract from The Pennsylvania State University, administered by the PA Water Resources Research Institute Annual Base Program FY 2013/2014 through the U.S. Geological Survey, for Range Expansion and Genetic Population Structure of Five Pennsylvania State Threatened Fish Species Using Environmental DNA and Molecular Genetic Techniques.
- Dr. Rehana Leak, School of Pharmacy, $75,000, from the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research for Topography of Vulnerability to Alpha-synuclein Fibrils in the Cerebral Cortex.
- Dr. Jeffry Madura, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, $268,235 for Year 5, from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Drug Abuse for CRCNS: Computational and Experimental Study of Dopamine and Serotonin Transporter. This brings the total award amount to date to $1,468,144.
Grants Received [April 9, 2014]
Funds totaling $207,970 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 9, 2014]
What have Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler, David Nolfi, Dr. Jill A. Perry and Donna Steed been up to?
DU in the News [April 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 9, 2014]
Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures
Spiritan Campus Minister Kate Lecci, who participated in the migrant farmworker experience in Florida, shares how Duquesne students, faculty and staff share of themselves and learn about others over spring break.
- Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures