Funding totaling $403,714 was recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Center for Environmental Research and Education (CERE), the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Law.
- Dr. John Stolz, CERE and the Department of Biological Sciences, $40,000, from The Heinz Endowments to help defray the costs of the Shale Gas Extraction Research Conference.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc. for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit.
- The School of Law, a $200,000 continuation award for Year 17 from the PA IOLTA (Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts) Board to continue to develop and enhance clinical legal education programs for law students in four law clinics. The funds will be administered by Laurie Serafino and Tracey McCants Lewis of the law school. This brings the funding total to $3,101,546.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $153,714 increase, from the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance.
Grants Received [August 27, 2014]
Funds totaling $43,156 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [August 27, 2014]
What has Dr. Lynn Simko been up to?
DU in the News [August 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [August 27, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience