Funding totaling $403,714 was recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Center for Environmental Research and Education (CERE), the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Law.
- Dr. John Stolz, CERE and the Department of Biological Sciences, $40,000, from The Heinz Endowments to help defray the costs of the Shale Gas Extraction Research Conference.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc. for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit.
- The School of Law, a $200,000 continuation award for Year 17 from the PA IOLTA (Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts) Board to continue to develop and enhance clinical legal education programs for law students in four law clinics. The funds will be administered by Laurie Serafino and Tracey McCants Lewis of the law school. This brings the funding total to $3,101,546.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $153,714 increase, from the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance.
Grants Received [November 18, 2015]
Funds totaling $228,696 were recently received by the School of Education and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [November 18, 2015]
What have Dr. Linda Kinnahan, Dr. Magali Cornier Michael, Dr. Moni McIntyre, Dr. Sarah Miller, Dr. Elaine Parsons and Valerie Trott Williams been up to?
DU in the News [November 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [November 18, 2015]
Spiritan Campus Ministry Members, Students to See Pope in Philadelphia
A team of 35 Duquesne students will be among the first to see Pope Francis in his historic first visit to the United States later this month.
- Spiritan Campus Ministry Members, Students to See Pope in Philadelphia