Funding totaling $403,714 was recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Center for Environmental Research and Education (CERE), the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Law.
- Dr. John Stolz, CERE and the Department of Biological Sciences, $40,000, from The Heinz Endowments to help defray the costs of the Shale Gas Extraction Research Conference.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc. for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit.
- The School of Law, a $200,000 continuation award for Year 17 from the PA IOLTA (Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts) Board to continue to develop and enhance clinical legal education programs for law students in four law clinics. The funds will be administered by Laurie Serafino and Tracey McCants Lewis of the law school. This brings the funding total to $3,101,546.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $153,714 increase, from the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance.
Grants Received [March 25, 2015]
Funds totaling $316,127 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [March 25, 2015]
What have Drs. Dorene Ciletti, Gerard Magill and Joseph McCormick been up to?
DU in the News [March 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [March 25, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions