Funding totaling $403,714 was recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Center for Environmental Research and Education (CERE), the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Law.
- Dr. John Stolz, CERE and the Department of Biological Sciences, $40,000, from The Heinz Endowments to help defray the costs of the Shale Gas Extraction Research Conference.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc. for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit.
- The School of Law, a $200,000 continuation award for Year 17 from the PA IOLTA (Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts) Board to continue to develop and enhance clinical legal education programs for law students in four law clinics. The funds will be administered by Laurie Serafino and Tracey McCants Lewis of the law school. This brings the funding total to $3,101,546.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $153,714 increase, from the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance.
Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
What have Drs. Pat Arneson, Jan Janecka, John Pollock, Ralph A. Wheeler and George Yancy been up to?
DU in the News [March 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 26, 2014]
Funds totaling $43,333 were recently received by the School of Education, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Duquesne Tamburitzans.
- Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families
For the eighth consecutive year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is helping needy families in Pittsburgh obtain turkeys for their holiday meals.
- Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families