Funding totaling $256,714 was recently received by the School of Education, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Program for Academic Excellence.
- Dr. Melissa Boston, Department of Instruction and Leadership in Education, $7,000, from Intermediate Unit 1, Coal Center, to provide travel, rater training and general expenses for Boston, an external evaluator for the Intermediate Unit 1 Center for STEM Education Math-Science Partnership Grant.
- Dr. Jeffry Madura and Dr. Jeff Evanseck, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, $6,000, from Gaussian Inc., for the Center for Computational Sciences. This brings the total award amount to date to $72,000.
- The Program for Academic Excellence, an anticipated $90,000 grant, from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. Dr. Judith Griggs, director of the Learning Skills Center, will be the award administrator.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, an additional $153,714, from the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance. This brings Year 3 funding to $294,880 and the total amount of funding received to date to $920,909.
Grants Received [July 1, 2015]
Funds totaling $402,034 were awarded to the Gumberg Library, the School of Nursing, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the School of Law.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 1, 2015]
What have Drs. Janet Astle and Laurel Willingham-McLain been up to?
DU in the News [June 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 1, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions