Funding totaling $256,714 was recently received by the School of Education, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Program for Academic Excellence.
- Dr. Melissa Boston, Department of Instruction and Leadership in Education, $7,000, from Intermediate Unit 1, Coal Center, to provide travel, rater training and general expenses for Boston, an external evaluator for the Intermediate Unit 1 Center for STEM Education Math-Science Partnership Grant.
- Dr. Jeffry Madura and Dr. Jeff Evanseck, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, $6,000, from Gaussian Inc., for the Center for Computational Sciences. This brings the total award amount to date to $72,000.
- The Program for Academic Excellence, an anticipated $90,000 grant, from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. Dr. Judith Griggs, director of the Learning Skills Center, will be the award administrator.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, an additional $153,714, from the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, for Water Soluble Antimitotics That Circumvent Tumor Resistance. This brings Year 3 funding to $294,880 and the total amount of funding received to date to $920,909.
Grants Received [September 10, 2014]
Funds totaling $20,000 were recently received by the Duquesne University Cares Office.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 10, 2014]
What have Drs. Mark Haas and Gerard Magill been up to?
DU in the News [September 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [September 10, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience