Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Funds totaling $200,199 were recently received by the Office of International Programs, the Center for African Studies, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 15, 2017]
What has Dr. John Mitcham been up to?
DU in the News [February 2017]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting