Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [April 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $8,500 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 23, 2014]
What have Dr. Antony Davies, Dr. Leesa M. Dibartola and Jane Moriarty been up to?
DU in the News [April 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 23, 2014]
Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures
Spiritan Campus Minister Kate Lecci, who participated in the migrant farmworker experience in Florida, shares how Duquesne students, faculty and staff share of themselves and learn about others over spring break.
- Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures