Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [September 10, 2014]
Funds totaling $20,000 were recently received by the Duquesne University Cares Office.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 10, 2014]
What have Drs. Mark Haas and Gerard Magill been up to?
DU in the News [September 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [September 10, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience