Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [December 4, 2013]
Funds totaling $42,365 were recently received by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty Spotlight [December 4, 2013]
What has Dr. Moni McIntyre been up to?
DU in the News [December 2013]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [December 4, 2013]
Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families
For the eighth consecutive year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is helping needy families in Pittsburgh obtain turkeys for their holiday meals.
- Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families