Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [November 18, 2015]
Funds totaling $228,696 were recently received by the School of Education and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [November 18, 2015]
What have Dr. Linda Kinnahan, Dr. Magali Cornier Michael, Dr. Moni McIntyre, Dr. Sarah Miller, Dr. Elaine Parsons and Valerie Trott Williams been up to?
DU in the News [November 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [November 18, 2015]
Spiritan Campus Ministry Members, Students to See Pope in Philadelphia
A team of 35 Duquesne students will be among the first to see Pope Francis in his historic first visit to the United States later this month.
- Spiritan Campus Ministry Members, Students to See Pope in Philadelphia