Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [February 3, 2016]
Funds totaling $41,000 were received by the School of Pharmacy and the School of Nursing.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 3, 2016]
What has Tiffany Sizemore-Thompson been up to?
DU in the News [February 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 3, 2016]
Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy
By the Rev. Bill Christy, C.S.Sp., and Debbie Kostosky
A tradition in the Catholic Church has been to bless chalk at the Masses for Epiphany and then use that chalk as part of the blessing of one’s home in the new year.
- Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy