Funding totaling $120,000 was recently received by the Office of Research, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- Office of Research, $100,000 third year of funding, from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration, for outreach activities to distressed communities through Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center and the Institute for Energy and the Environment. Dr. James S. Phillips, director of the Office of Sponsored Research, will administer the award.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, $5,000, from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, to sample a minimum of 20 previously un-assessed streams in the upper Allegheny River area.
- Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $5,000, from the American Society of Pharmacognosy, for Exploration of Honduran Marine Cyanobacteria for GPCR Ligands.
- Dr. Ira Buckner, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Lipella Inc., for a collaborative research project.
Grants Received [October 1, 2014]
Funds totaling $41,475 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [October 1, 2014]
What have Drs. Ronald C. Arnett and Erik Garrett been up to?
DU in the News [October 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [October 1, 2014]
Mission Matters: The Spiritan Heritage in Greek Life
Heritage Week provides a great opportunity to take the time to see how the Spiritans are involved on campus in ways that we may not even realize.
- Mission Matters: The Spiritan Heritage in Greek Life