Funding totaling $274,496 was recently received by the School of Nursing, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- The School of Nursing, $5,500, from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for their Pre-Entry Immersion Program. Drs. Leah Cunningham and Joan Lockhart will administer the award.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $92,996 in additional Year 3 funding, from a subcontract from Wayne State University on a grant from the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, for Discovery of Novel PCFT Targeted Agents. This brings the total funding to date to $567,615.
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $126,000 for Year 3 funding, from the National Science Foundation for Metalated Nitriles: Unmasking Fundamental Reactivity. Total funding to date amounts to $402,000. The project is now under the direction of Dr. Bruce Beaver; the previous principal investigator was Dr. Fraser Fleming.
- The Mylan School of Pharmacy, $50,000 in a second funding installment, from McAuley Ministries Inc., to support the Hill District Center for Pharmacy Services Community Outreach Initiative. This brings the total award to $100,000. The funds will be administered by Dean Dr. Douglas Bricker and Dr. Terri Kroh, pharmacy director.
Grants Received [March 12, 2014]
Funds totaling $748,499 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, Small Business Development Center and the A.J. Palumbo School of Business.
Faculty Spotlight [March 12, 2014]
What have Drs. John Pollock and Alan W. Seadler been up to?
DU in the News [March 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [March 12, 2014]
Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families
For the eighth consecutive year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is helping needy families in Pittsburgh obtain turkeys for their holiday meals.
- Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families