Funding totaling $274,496 was recently received by the School of Nursing, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- The School of Nursing, $5,500, from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for their Pre-Entry Immersion Program. Drs. Leah Cunningham and Joan Lockhart will administer the award.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $92,996 in additional Year 3 funding, from a subcontract from Wayne State University on a grant from the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, for Discovery of Novel PCFT Targeted Agents. This brings the total funding to date to $567,615.
- The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bayer School, $126,000 for Year 3 funding, from the National Science Foundation for Metalated Nitriles: Unmasking Fundamental Reactivity. Total funding to date amounts to $402,000. The project is now under the direction of Dr. Bruce Beaver; the previous principal investigator was Dr. Fraser Fleming.
- The Mylan School of Pharmacy, $50,000 in a second funding installment, from McAuley Ministries Inc., to support the Hill District Center for Pharmacy Services Community Outreach Initiative. This brings the total award to $100,000. The funds will be administered by Dean Dr. Douglas Bricker and Dr. Terri Kroh, pharmacy director.
Grants Received [April 9, 2014]
Funds totaling $207,970 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, and McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 9, 2014]
What have Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler, David Nolfi, Dr. Jill A. Perry and Donna Steed been up to?
DU in the News [April 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 9, 2014]
Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures
Spiritan Campus Minister Kate Lecci, who participated in the migrant farmworker experience in Florida, shares how Duquesne students, faculty and staff share of themselves and learn about others over spring break.
- Spring Break Trips Engage Students in Other Cultures