Funding totaling $445,201 was recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- The Department of Physics, Bayer School, $20,000, from the Jefferson Laboratory, Newport News, Va., for Implementing the RICH Detector to the CLAS12 Geant4 Simulation Package. The project principal investigator is Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, an additional $141,944 for Year 1, from the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, for Purine Synthesis Inhibitors with Selective Folate Receptor Tumor Transport. This brings the total funding for Year 1 to $583,778, with total anticipated funding over three years of $1,563,106.
- Dr. Peter Wildfong and Dr. Ira Buckner, School of Pharmacy, $283,257, from AbbVie Inc., for a collaborative research project. The period of the award extends to July 17, 2016.
Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Funds totaling $200,199 were recently received by the Office of International Programs, the Center for African Studies, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 15, 2017]
What has Dr. John Mitcham been up to?
DU in the News [February 2017]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting