Funding totaling $445,201 was recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
- The Department of Physics, Bayer School, $20,000, from the Jefferson Laboratory, Newport News, Va., for Implementing the RICH Detector to the CLAS12 Geant4 Simulation Package. The project principal investigator is Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, an additional $141,944 for Year 1, from the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, for Purine Synthesis Inhibitors with Selective Folate Receptor Tumor Transport. This brings the total funding for Year 1 to $583,778, with total anticipated funding over three years of $1,563,106.
- Dr. Peter Wildfong and Dr. Ira Buckner, School of Pharmacy, $283,257, from AbbVie Inc., for a collaborative research project. The period of the award extends to July 17, 2016.
Grants Received [August 20, 2014]
Funds totaling $128,000 were recently received by the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [August 20, 2014]
What has Dr. James P. Purdy been up to?
DU in the News [August 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [August 20, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience