Healthcare practitioners, researchers and scientists will explore the vital issue of ethics in healthcare from 8 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25, in the Power Center Ballroom for Ethics in the Business of Science & Healthcare.
The symposium will feature a keynote address by Paul O’Neill, the 72nd Secretary of the U.S. Treasury and former chairman and chief executive officer of Alcoa, who will present Ethics in Healthcare: The Leadership Component.
The event also will include a panel discussion featuring:
- Scott A. Becker, chief executive officer, Conemaugh Health System and Memorial Medical Center
- Dr. Robert T. Wanovich, vice president of market strategy and delivery, Highmark, Inc.
- Dr. Mary Ellen Glasgow, dean, School of Nursing
- Dr. Gregory H. Frazer, dean, Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Cost to attend is $25, which includes a continental breakfast. Registration is required.
For more information, contact Dawn Baird at 412.396.5259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The symposium is sponsored by the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Grants Received [November 18, 2015]
Funds totaling $228,696 were recently received by the School of Education and the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [November 18, 2015]
What have Dr. Linda Kinnahan, Dr. Magali Cornier Michael, Dr. Moni McIntyre, Dr. Sarah Miller, Dr. Elaine Parsons and Valerie Trott Williams been up to?
DU in the News [November 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [November 18, 2015]
Spiritan Campus Ministry Members, Students to See Pope in Philadelphia
A team of 35 Duquesne students will be among the first to see Pope Francis in his historic first visit to the United States later this month.
- Spiritan Campus Ministry Members, Students to See Pope in Philadelphia