Healthcare practitioners, researchers and scientists will explore the vital issue of ethics in healthcare from 8 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25, in the Power Center Ballroom for Ethics in the Business of Science & Healthcare.
The symposium will feature a keynote address by Paul O’Neill, the 72nd Secretary of the U.S. Treasury and former chairman and chief executive officer of Alcoa, who will present Ethics in Healthcare: The Leadership Component.
The event also will include a panel discussion featuring:
- Scott A. Becker, chief executive officer, Conemaugh Health System and Memorial Medical Center
- Dr. Robert T. Wanovich, vice president of market strategy and delivery, Highmark, Inc.
- Dr. Mary Ellen Glasgow, dean, School of Nursing
- Dr. Gregory H. Frazer, dean, Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Cost to attend is $25, which includes a continental breakfast. Registration is required.
For more information, contact Dawn Baird at 412.396.5259 or email@example.com.
The symposium is sponsored by the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
What have Drs. Pat Arneson, Jan Janecka, John Pollock, Ralph A. Wheeler and George Yancy been up to?
DU in the News [March 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 26, 2014]
Funds totaling $43,333 were recently received by the School of Education, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Duquesne Tamburitzans.
- Faculty Spotlight [March 5, 2014]
Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families
For the eighth consecutive year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is helping needy families in Pittsburgh obtain turkeys for their holiday meals.
- Talking Turkey: Drive Stays in the Background to Help Needy Families