Healthcare practitioners, researchers and scientists will explore the vital issue of ethics in healthcare from 8 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25, in the Power Center Ballroom for Ethics in the Business of Science & Healthcare.
The symposium will feature a keynote address by Paul O’Neill, the 72nd Secretary of the U.S. Treasury and former chairman and chief executive officer of Alcoa, who will present Ethics in Healthcare: The Leadership Component.
The event also will include a panel discussion featuring:
- Scott A. Becker, chief executive officer, Conemaugh Health System and Memorial Medical Center
- Dr. Robert T. Wanovich, vice president of market strategy and delivery, Highmark, Inc.
- Dr. Mary Ellen Glasgow, dean, School of Nursing
- Dr. Gregory H. Frazer, dean, Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Cost to attend is $25, which includes a continental breakfast. Registration is required.
For more information, contact Dawn Baird at 412.396.5259 or email@example.com.
The symposium is sponsored by the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 22, 2017]
What have Drs. Faith Bjalobok and Jacob Rooksby been up to?
DU in the News [February 2017]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [February 15, 2017]
Funds totaling $200,199 were recently received by the Office of International Programs, the Center for African Studies, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
- Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 22, 2017]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting