Healthcare practitioners, researchers and scientists will explore the vital issue of ethics in healthcare from 8 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25, in the Power Center Ballroom for Ethics in the Business of Science & Healthcare.
The symposium will feature a keynote address by Paul O’Neill, the 72nd Secretary of the U.S. Treasury and former chairman and chief executive officer of Alcoa, who will present Ethics in Healthcare: The Leadership Component.
The event also will include a panel discussion featuring:
- Scott A. Becker, chief executive officer, Conemaugh Health System and Memorial Medical Center
- Dr. Robert T. Wanovich, vice president of market strategy and delivery, Highmark, Inc.
- Dr. Mary Ellen Glasgow, dean, School of Nursing
- Dr. Gregory H. Frazer, dean, Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Cost to attend is $25, which includes a continental breakfast. Registration is required.
For more information, contact Dawn Baird at 412.396.5259 or email@example.com.
The symposium is sponsored by the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
Grants Received [December 7, 2016]
Funds totaling $365,566 were recently received by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Education.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [December 7, 2016]
What has Dr. Clifford Bob been up to?
DU in the News [December 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [December 7, 2016]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting