Recently, traces of pharmaceuticals have been found in surface and drinking water sources all over the country as a result of the improper disposal of prescription drugs. To help combat this growing trend, a drug take-back event will be held on Friday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the rotunda of the Bayer Learning Center.
The campus community is invited to get involved and to help protect the environment and those around them by properly disposing of expired or unused medicines.
The following will be accepted for proper disposal for free and with no questions asked:
- Unused, expired or recalled prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Labeled or unlabeled medications
- Ointments, creams, lotions or powders
- Inhalers and nebulizer solutions.
The following will not be accepted:
- Needles, EpiPen injectors, syringes, lancets or any other sharps
- Thermometers, glass or durable medical equipment
- Marijuana or methamphetamine.
Participants should leave medicines in their original containers and mark out personal information.
The event is sponsored by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, H.E.A.R.T (Helping Educate and Rehabilitate Together), the Wellness in Motion initiative and the Department of Public Safety.
For more information, contact Dr. Vince Giannetti in the School of Pharmacy at 412.396.6379.
Grants Received [September 28, 2016]
Funds totaling $125,872 were received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES).
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 28, 2016]
What has Dr. Erroline M. Williams been up to?
DU in the News [September 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [September 28, 2016]
Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting
The 27th annual Spring Clean-Up is a one-day, large-scale litter pick-up and greening event that takes place throughout the South Side and Greater Hill District neighborhoods; however, it is much more than that.
- Spring Clean-Up: More Than Picking Up Litter and Planting