Recently, traces of pharmaceuticals have been found in surface and drinking water sources all over the country as a result of the improper disposal of prescription drugs. To help combat this growing trend, a drug take-back event will be held on Friday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the rotunda of the Bayer Learning Center.
The campus community is invited to get involved and to help protect the environment and those around them by properly disposing of expired or unused medicines.
The following will be accepted for proper disposal for free and with no questions asked:
- Unused, expired or recalled prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Labeled or unlabeled medications
- Ointments, creams, lotions or powders
- Inhalers and nebulizer solutions.
The following will not be accepted:
- Needles, EpiPen injectors, syringes, lancets or any other sharps
- Thermometers, glass or durable medical equipment
- Marijuana or methamphetamine.
Participants should leave medicines in their original containers and mark out personal information.
The event is sponsored by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, H.E.A.R.T (Helping Educate and Rehabilitate Together), the Wellness in Motion initiative and the Department of Public Safety.
For more information, contact Dr. Vince Giannetti in the School of Pharmacy at 412.396.6379.
Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $19,810 were received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 23, 2014]
What has Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler been up to?
DU in the News [July 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience