Funds totaling $444,234 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Mylan School of Pharmacy
- Dr. John Stolz, biological sciences, Bayer School, $40,000, from The Institute of Professional Environmental Practice, for the Center for Environmental Research and Education.
- Dr. Carl Anderson, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Strategic Process Control Technologies, for a project modeling drug risk assessment and simulation development. This brings the total amount to date to $165,000.
- Dr. Jane Cavanaugh, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $394,234, from the National Institutes of Health’s National Cancer Institute, for Novel Small Molecule Inhibitors of MEK5_ERK5 for the Treatment of Breast Cancer.
Grants Received [February 10, 2016]
Funds totaling $158,120 were received by Duquesne’s Program for Academic Excellence and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [February 10, 2016]
What have John Stolz and Ralph A. Wheeler been up to?
DU in the News [February 2016]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [February 10, 2016]
Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy
By the Rev. Bill Christy, C.S.Sp., and Debbie Kostosky
A tradition in the Catholic Church has been to bless chalk at the Masses for Epiphany and then use that chalk as part of the blessing of one’s home in the new year.
- Ancient Custom Symbolizes Opening Doors to Blessings and Mercy