Fund totaling $451,172 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the School of Education.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, $342,672, in additional funding for the Year 3 award from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, for Pneumocystis Jirovecii Targeted Antiopportunistic Agents. This brings the total award to date to $1,081,322.
- Dr. Peter Wildfong, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., for research in the prediction of mechanically activated phase transformations.
- Dr. John Stolz, biological sciences, Bayer School, $50,000, from the Heinz Endowments, to continue a survey of well water quality in Western Pennsylvania counties with unconventional gas drilling. The period of the award extends to June 30, 2016.
- Dr. Jan Janecka, biological sciences, Bayer School, $10,000 from the Snow Leopard Conservancy for support work under the collaborative Snow Leopard Conservation Genetics (SLCG) Program.
- Dr. Melanie Turk, School of Nursing, $35,000, from the Aetna Foundation for Wise Choices: Nutrition and Exercise for Older Adults.
- Dr. Robert Furman, School of Education, $3,500, from the II-VI Foundation for the Calcu-Solve Super Bowl, sponsored by the School of Education. This brings the total award to date to $9,500.
Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
Funds totaling $19,810 were received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [July 23, 2014]
What has Rebecca Jamrozik Mickler been up to?
DU in the News [July 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [July 23, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience