Fund totaling $451,172 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the School of Education.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, $342,672, in additional funding for the Year 3 award from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, for Pneumocystis Jirovecii Targeted Antiopportunistic Agents. This brings the total award to date to $1,081,322.
- Dr. Peter Wildfong, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., for research in the prediction of mechanically activated phase transformations.
- Dr. John Stolz, biological sciences, Bayer School, $50,000, from the Heinz Endowments, to continue a survey of well water quality in Western Pennsylvania counties with unconventional gas drilling. The period of the award extends to June 30, 2016.
- Dr. Jan Janecka, biological sciences, Bayer School, $10,000 from the Snow Leopard Conservancy for support work under the collaborative Snow Leopard Conservation Genetics (SLCG) Program.
- Dr. Melanie Turk, School of Nursing, $35,000, from the Aetna Foundation for Wise Choices: Nutrition and Exercise for Older Adults.
- Dr. Robert Furman, School of Education, $3,500, from the II-VI Foundation for the Calcu-Solve Super Bowl, sponsored by the School of Education. This brings the total award to date to $9,500.
Grants Received [September 17, 2014]
Funds totaling $274,171 were recently received by the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Learning Skills Center, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the City Music Center and the School of Nursing.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 17, 2014]
What have Valarie Blake, Dr. Roger Brooke and Ken Gormley been up to?
DU in the News [September 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [September 17, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience