Fund totaling $451,172 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the School of Education.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, $342,672, in additional funding for the Year 3 award from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, for Pneumocystis Jirovecii Targeted Antiopportunistic Agents. This brings the total award to date to $1,081,322.
- Dr. Peter Wildfong, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., for research in the prediction of mechanically activated phase transformations.
- Dr. John Stolz, biological sciences, Bayer School, $50,000, from the Heinz Endowments, to continue a survey of well water quality in Western Pennsylvania counties with unconventional gas drilling. The period of the award extends to June 30, 2016.
- Dr. Jan Janecka, biological sciences, Bayer School, $10,000 from the Snow Leopard Conservancy for support work under the collaborative Snow Leopard Conservation Genetics (SLCG) Program.
- Dr. Melanie Turk, School of Nursing, $35,000, from the Aetna Foundation for Wise Choices: Nutrition and Exercise for Older Adults.
- Dr. Robert Furman, School of Education, $3,500, from the II-VI Foundation for the Calcu-Solve Super Bowl, sponsored by the School of Education. This brings the total award to date to $9,500.
DU in the News [October 2014]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
Grants Received [October 29, 2014]
Funds totaling $300,000 were recently received the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Faculty Spotlight [October 29, 2014]
What have Ken Gormley and Dr. Lenore Resick been up to?
- DU in the News [October 2014]
Mission Matters: The Spiritan Heritage in Greek Life
Heritage Week provides a great opportunity to take the time to see how the Spiritans are involved on campus in ways that we may not even realize.
- Mission Matters: The Spiritan Heritage in Greek Life