Fund totaling $451,172 were recently received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the School of Education.
- Dr. Aleem Gangjee, School of Pharmacy, $342,672, in additional funding for the Year 3 award from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, for Pneumocystis Jirovecii Targeted Antiopportunistic Agents. This brings the total award to date to $1,081,322.
- Dr. Peter Wildfong, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., for research in the prediction of mechanically activated phase transformations.
- Dr. John Stolz, biological sciences, Bayer School, $50,000, from the Heinz Endowments, to continue a survey of well water quality in Western Pennsylvania counties with unconventional gas drilling. The period of the award extends to June 30, 2016.
- Dr. Jan Janecka, biological sciences, Bayer School, $10,000 from the Snow Leopard Conservancy for support work under the collaborative Snow Leopard Conservation Genetics (SLCG) Program.
- Dr. Melanie Turk, School of Nursing, $35,000, from the Aetna Foundation for Wise Choices: Nutrition and Exercise for Older Adults.
- Dr. Robert Furman, School of Education, $3,500, from the II-VI Foundation for the Calcu-Solve Super Bowl, sponsored by the School of Education. This brings the total award to date to $9,500.
Grants Received [May 20, 2015]
Funds totaling $21,947 were awarded to the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the School of Education and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [May 20, 2015]
What has Dr. Benedict Kolber been up to?
DU in the News [May 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [May 20, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions