Funds totaling $172,546 were recently received by the A.J. Palumbo School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the Small Business Development Center.
- Dr. Aimee Kane, Department of Management, School of Business, $50,000, from the A.J. and Sigismunda Palumbo Charitable Trust, for Team Receptivity to Newcomers.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc., for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit. This brings the total award amount to date to $20,000.
- Drs. Jelena Janjic, School of Pharmacy, and John Pollock, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, $25,000, from the Provost’s Interdisciplinary Research Consortia Grant, for Chronic Pain Research Consortium Interdisciplinary Award. Dr. Ben Kolber, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, and Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, School of Pharmacy, are co-investigators for the grant.
- Dr. John Stolz, The Center for Environmental Research and Education, Bayer School, $34,000, from The Institute of Professional Environmental Practice, for public service.
- Dr. Alison Colbert, School of Nursing, $30,000, from the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare, for the Jonas Scholars program and instructional support.
- Dr. Mary McKinney, Small Business Development Center, $23,546, from the Small Business Administration, to fund the 2014 calendar year and public service.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 17, 2014]
What have Valarie Blake, Dr. Roger Brooke and Ken Gormley been up to?
Grants Received [September 10, 2014]
Funds totaling $20,000 were recently received by the Duquesne University Cares Office.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 10, 2014]
What have Drs. Mark Haas and Gerard Magill been up to?
- Faculty & Staff Spotlight [September 17, 2014]
CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience
Ten students and two members of the Spiritan Campus Ministry staff will travel to a Spiritan mission in San Juan de la Maguana, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, Aug. 2, to run a day camp for 80 children as part of the seventh Cross-Cultural Mission Experience (CCME) in the Dominican Republic.
- CCME Summer Mission Trip to Dominican Republic: A Life-Changing Cultural and Spiritual Experience