Funds totaling $172,546 were recently received by the A.J. Palumbo School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the Small Business Development Center.
- Dr. Aimee Kane, Department of Management, School of Business, $50,000, from the A.J. and Sigismunda Palumbo Charitable Trust, for Team Receptivity to Newcomers.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc., for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit. This brings the total award amount to date to $20,000.
- Drs. Jelena Janjic, School of Pharmacy, and John Pollock, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, $25,000, from the Provost’s Interdisciplinary Research Consortia Grant, for Chronic Pain Research Consortium Interdisciplinary Award. Dr. Ben Kolber, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, and Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, School of Pharmacy, are co-investigators for the grant.
- Dr. John Stolz, The Center for Environmental Research and Education, Bayer School, $34,000, from The Institute of Professional Environmental Practice, for public service.
- Dr. Alison Colbert, School of Nursing, $30,000, from the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare, for the Jonas Scholars program and instructional support.
- Dr. Mary McKinney, Small Business Development Center, $23,546, from the Small Business Administration, to fund the 2014 calendar year and public service.
Grants Received [April 15, 2015]
Funds totaling $252,964 were received by the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Nursing.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight [April 15, 2015]
What has Dr. Marilyn J. Narey been up to?
DU in the News [April 2015]
News coverage highlighting Duquesne’s experts and initiatives.
- Grants Received [April 15, 2015]
New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions
While Spring Break provides an opportunity for students to vacation or stay home for relaxation, 65 Duquesne students and staff will take this time to embark on Cross-Cultural Mission Experiences (CCME) that will impact six different areas in the country.
- New Crowdfunding, Urban Plunge Initiatives Boost Cross-Cultural Missions