Law Professor Honored by Chabad House

Associate Law Professor Rona Kaufman Kitchen was honored as an Alumni Awardee at the Sept. 20 Chabad House on Campus 28th Anniversary Celebration.

Rona Kaufman Kitchen

“Rona Kaufman Kitchen was chosen for her outstanding leadership and involvement in Chabad House while a student of the University of Pittsburgh, as well as an alumna integrating Jewish values of motherhood and family with communal responsibility and professional integrity,” said Sara Weinstein, co-director of Chabad House, a Jewish organization that provides social, educational and cultural programming for students.

Kitchen, whose scholarship looks at the intersection of law and motherhood, is the advisor to the School of Law’s Jewish Law Student Association, the Women’s Law Association, and the Labor and Employment Law Society. She teaches courses in employment, family and business law. Kitchen also was an Abraham L. Freedman Fellow at Temple University Beasley School of Law.

“I am so thankful for Chabad on Campus. My spiritual growth was greatly enhanced by Chabad when I was a college student,” said Kitchen. “Now, as a professor, I have an additional appreciation for the role of Chabad on Campus and other campus ministries. I see firsthand how important it is that students feel spiritually connected during their college years.”