Career Services “Connect with Us, Connect with Your Future” campaign is in action this fall with more ways for students to connect with resources for their career development.
- The new Student Union Satellite Location is open in a convenient central area of campus with walk-in hours two days a week for quick questions and resume review. A career counselor is available Wednesday and Thursday, 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., in the first floor Union, Office of Commuter Affairs.
- Walk-in hours continue every day of the week at the Career Services Center in Rockwell Hall, Commons Level, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 1-3 p.m., and Thursday, Friday, 10 a.m. – noon.
- The fresh, new Career Cart, staffed by our interns, gives students another convenient way to get advice, information, sample resumes and more. The Career Cart is in Gumberg Library throughout the semester on Mondays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and in the Union Atrium on Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Students can now make appointments online with their career counselor through Starfish in Blackboard. First and second year students may find it especially valuable to meet with their counselor to explore majors and careers and internship opportunities.
- Eight-hundred students enjoyed root beer floats at the second annual Root (Beer) for Your Career on a sunny day on Academic Walk. The outreach event connected students with Career Services and promoted fall events and resources.
- The popular ResuMANIA introduced students to employers who came to campus to personally review resumes in preparation for the Duquesne fall Job and Internship Fair. Recruiters at the fair from over 70 companies connected with students for internships and jobs.
- The signature Advice and a Slice series is underway providing students with pizza and advice from a career counselor on resumes, internship and job search etiquette and making alumni connections. (add photos Career Services 1 and 2)