Funds totaling $172,546 were recently received by the A.J. Palumbo School of Business, the Mylan School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the School of Nursing and the Small Business Development Center.
- Dr. Aimee Kane, Department of Management, School of Business, $50,000, from the A.J. and Sigismunda Palumbo Charitable Trust, for Team Receptivity to Newcomers.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Inc., for a smoking cessation program titled Courage to Quit. This brings the total award amount to date to $20,000.
- Drs. Jelena Janjic, School of Pharmacy, and John Pollock, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, $25,000, from the Provost’s Interdisciplinary Research Consortia Grant, for Chronic Pain Research Consortium Interdisciplinary Award. Dr. Ben Kolber, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School, and Dr. Kevin Tidgewell, School of Pharmacy, are co-investigators for the grant.
- Dr. John Stolz, The Center for Environmental Research and Education, Bayer School, $34,000, from The Institute of Professional Environmental Practice, for public service.
- Dr. Alison Colbert, School of Nursing, $30,000, from the Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare, for the Jonas Scholars program and instructional support.
- Dr. Mary McKinney, Small Business Development Center, $23,546, from the Small Business Administration, to fund the 2014 calendar year and public service.