Rangos Dean Receives ASAHP Legacy of Excellence Award

The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions (ASAHP) has honored Rangos School of Health Sciences Dean Dr. Greg Frazer with its prestigious Legacy of Excellence Award.

Dr. Greg Frazer

The award, which is so significant that it is rarely designated, recognizes an individual whose career is exemplary in terms of contributions to ASAHP. It was last awarded in 2011. The association’s board of directors selects the honoree.

“Dean Frazer has played a very significant role in helping our association and the field of allied health make major strides at the local, regional and national level,” said Dr. Richard Oliver, president of ASAHP. “He has and will continue to be viewed as national leader who has left a lasting mark on the allied health professions. This award is in recognition of the important legacy he has created as a leader in our association and across the allied health professions.”

Frazer received the award on Oct. 22 during the 2014 ASAHP Annual Conference in Las Vegas.

“I was honored and humbled to receive the Legacy of Excellence Award from my peers in ASAHP,” said Frazer. “I have very much valued and benefitted by my association with ASAHP lasting over two decades.”

Frazer has served as president, treasurer and as a member of the ASAHP Board of Directors, during which time the association was recognized by the Institute of Medicine as a major contributor to health professions education. “My ASAHP colleagues and I were successful in establishing the only health professions political action committee advocating for the needs of our students and faculty,” explained Frazer. “I have found great professional satisfaction from my work with my ASAHP colleagues and expect to continue my involvement.”

Frazer was named an ASAHP Fellow in 2007 and previously received the organization’s Distinguished Service Award. His work has been published in the Journal of the National Association of EMS Physicians, The Health Educator and Issues in Mental Health Nursing. Frazer recently served on the NCAA’s Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports, and he also was one of only eight individuals selected to participate in the inaugural Coalition for Allied Health Leadership Program in Washington, D.C.