Funds totaling $436,811.50 were received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, the Mylan School of Pharmacy and the School of Nursing.
- Dr. Jennifer Aitken, associate professor, department of chemistry and biochemistry, Bayer School, $3,000, from the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh, for Project Seed Program. This brings the total award amount to $226,410.99.
- Dr. Paula Witt-Enderby, professor of pharmacology, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $363,999, from the National Institutes of Health, for The Role of MEK5 in Melatonin-Induced Osteoblast and Osteoclast Differentiation. This award extends through June 30, 2019.
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, associate professor of pharmacy practice, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $10,000, from Pfizer Incorporated, for Courage to Quit Program. This brings the total award amount to $40,000.
- Dr. Wook Kim, visiting professor, department of biological sciences, Bayer School, $36,090, from L’Oréal through the University of Oxford, for Possible tool to Test and Develop Anti-Dandruff Technology.
- Dr. Michael Jensen-Seaman, associate professor, department of biological sciences, Bayer School, $10,640.50, from the Samuel and Emma Winters Foundation, for An Evolutionary Approach to Understanding the Molecular Basis of HIV Infectivity-Enhancing Amyloid Fibril Formation.
- Dr. Cynthia Rost, instructor, School of Nursing, $13,082, from the Snee-Reinhardt Charitable Foundation, for The Retired Nurses Working in Neighborhoods Program (RN+WIN).