Funds totaling $229,013 were recently received by the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), the Mylan School of Pharmacy and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts.
- Dr. Jan Janecka, assistant professor of biological sciences, BSNES, $8,000, from the Snow Leopard Conservancy, for Improving Conservation of Snow Leopards: Livestock Depredation, Food Habits and Reducing Conflicts.
- Nicole Handlow, undergraduate student, under the supervision of Dr. Jamie McConaha, associate professor of pharmacy practice, Mylan School of Pharmacy, $1,000, from the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Educational Foundation, for the project Effect of Pharmacist Intervention and Education on Adults with Diabetes Mellitus in a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
- Dr. Rehana Leak, associate professor of pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, $26,013, a National Institutes of Health R01 subaward from the University of Pittsburgh, for the project Inducible DNA Repair in Cerebral Ischemia.
- Dr. John Stolz, professor of environmental microbiology, BSNES, $48,000, from The Heinz Endowments, for the project Expanded Surveying of Well Water Quality in Western Pennsylvania in Areas with Unconventional Gas Drilling.
- Dr. Charles T. Rubin, associate professor of political science, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, $95,000, from The Sarah Scaife Foundation, to support work on his book.
- Dessa Mrvos, director of the University Health Service, $1,000, a National Institutes of Health subaward from the University of Pittsburgh, for participation in a Pitt study.
- The McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, $50,000, from the Phillip H. and Betty L. Wimmer Family Foundation, to be used for the Faculty Enrichment Program. Dr. James Swindal, dean of the McAnulty College, will administer the Award.