Funds totaling $105,054 were recently received by the School of Pharmacy, the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES), and the Biomedical Engineering Program.
- Dr. Rehana Leak, associate professor of pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, $26,698, from a National Institutes of Health R01 subaward passed through the University of Pittsburgh, for Inducible DNA Repair in Cerebral Ischemia.
- Dr. Jessie Goicoechea, clinic director and assistant professor of psychology, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, $15,000, from McAuley Ministries, to support after-school children’s art and talk groups at the Center that CARES.
- Dr. John Pollock, professor of biological sciences, BSNES, $25,283, from the National Institutes of Health, for A Partnership in Neuroscience Education.
- Dr. John Viator, director of the biomedical engineering program, $28,073, from the National Institutes of Health National Cancer Institute, for Photoacoustic Detection, Capture and Analysis of Circulating Melanoma Cells.
- Dr. Anita Zuberi, assistant professor of sociology, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, a $10,000 community-engaged research grant, from the Center for Community-Engaged Teaching and Research and the Office of the Provost.