Join the University community for a series of events celebrating the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Friday, Jan. 17, MLK Day Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Africa Room, Union: Dr. Alvin Tillery, Northwestern University, serves as keynote speaker. Advance registration is required.
- Monday, Jan. 20, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Prayer Breakfast and Program, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., Ebenezer Baptist Church, 2001 Wylie Ave., Pittsburgh: Presented by the Allegheny County Bar Association. Advance registration is required, and transportation assistance is available.
- Monday, Jan. 20, MLK Day Athletic Challenge, 1 to 2:30 p.m., Power Center: Students participate in basketball and volleyball tournaments.
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, “I Have a Dream” Flag Placement, noon to 2 p.m., 3rd floor atrium, Union: Faculty, staff and students are invited to write messages of peace, hope and inclusion on flags.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, Inspire Initiative Reception, 3 to 5 p.m., Africa Room, Union: Individuals who participated in the Inspire Initiative will be invited to attend.
For additional information, visit duq.edu/MLK or call the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at 412.396.1117.