Gumberg Library continues its National Endowment of the Arts (NEA) Big Read programming with a panel event featuring female Duquesne professors and scientists reacting to Lab Girl.
The discussion will take place Tuesday, Feb. 11, from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Africa Room of the Union.
The panelists are:
- Dr. Fatiha Benmokhtar, assistant professor of physics
- Dr. Plaxedes Chitiyo, assistant professor in the Center for Environmental Research and Education
- Dr. Jelena Janjic, associate professor of pharmaceutics
- Dr. Lauren O’Donnell, associate professor of pharmacy
- Irene Qualters, Duquesne alumna and associate laboratory director for simulation and computation at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
The panel will be moderated by Dr. Kristin Klucevsek, teaching assistant professor of scientific writing in the Department of English.
Work also is being accepted for the amateur art competition Growing Toward the Light: Pittsburgh Nature. Entries can be submitted online until Feb. 28.
For a full list of NEA Big Read events, visit the Big Read website.