Funds totaling $286,513 were recently received by the Center for Pharmacy Care, the School of Pharmacy, the Center for Community Engaged Teaching and Research (CETR), the Rangos School of Health Sciences, the School of Nursing and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES).
- Dr. Elizabeth Bunk, Center for Pharmacy Care, $175,000, from the Allegheny County Health Department, to develop a continuing education training platform for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians that addresses culturally sensitive care, medication for opioid use disorder and stigma surrounding opioid use disorder, overdose, disclosure, treatment, and naloxone.
- Dr. Lauren O’Donnell, School of Pharmacy, a $56,913 Commonwealth Universal Research Enhancement grant, for Viral Infections in the Brain: Age-Dependent Outcomes in Protection and Pathology.
- Dr. Alia Pustorino-Clevenger, CETR, and Dr. Meghan Blaskowitz, Rangos, $46,000, from the U.S. Department of Education passed through Millersville University, to enable the five model programs within the Pennsylvania Consortium to develop exemplary models of peer coaching/support, inclusive campus residential life, student engagement, and a collaborative strategy to ensure positive employment outcomes within integrated and competitive work settings.
- Dr. Alison Colbert, School of Nursing, $7,000, from the RWJF Alumni Network Activation Fund, for The Intersection of Disability and Healthcare During COVID-19.
- Lauren Rebel, a student of Dr. John Stolz, BSNES, $900, from the Beta Beta Beta Research Foundation, for Characterization of RarA, a Unique Membrane Porin from Sulfurospirillum Barnesii SES-3.
- Madison Uhrin, a student of Dr. Sarah Woodley, BSNES, $700, from the Beta Beta Beta Research Foundation, for The Effects of Stress Hormones on the Number of Neurons and Glial Cells in the Brains of Larval Amphibians.