Funds totaling $412,031 were received by the School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing, the School of Health Sciences and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
- Dr. Jennifer Elliott, School of Pharmacy, $20,000, from the Centers for Disease Control passed through the Allegheny County Health Department, to support the expansion of asthma self-management education as part of the school- and community-based asthma program.
- Karen Robson, a Ph.D. student, School of Nursing, $2,000, a Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association 2021 Foundation Award, to provide funds for completion of doctoral research. Dr. Linda Garand will administer the funds.
- Jayna Brooks, a Ph.D. student, School of Nursing, $2,000, a Military Suicide Research Consortium dissertation award from the U.S. Department of Defense, to provide funds for completion of doctoral research. Dr. Garand will administer the funds.
- Dr. Regina Harbourne, Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health Sciences, $387,031, from the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute for Education Sciences, for the project Efficacy of the START-Play Program for Infants with Neuromotor Disorders.
- Dr. Brady Porter, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences, $1,000, from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to perform electrofishing surveys at three locations within the Crooked Creek watershed.