The Beard Institute will host a panel presentation, Boardroom Dynamics: Priorities of an Effective Board, on Tuesday, April 17, at 7:30 a.m. in the Power Center Ballroom.
Experts will share their multiple board experiences and explore best practices for effective board governance, including:
- The most significant changes to the responsibilities of corporate directors over the last 15 years
- The different priorities of public, private and not-for-profit boards
- The five most important objectives of a public board
- Critical skill requirements of public board members
- A typical agenda for a public board meeting
- Frequency and structure of committee meetings
- The boardroom of the future.
The panelists for Boardroom Dynamics are:
- Frank V. Cahouet, retired chairman, president and chief executive officer of Mellon Financial Corporation
- W. Keith Smith, retired vice chairman and chief financial officer of Mellon Financial Corporation
- James J. Byrne, executive director of the Beard Institute.
Sarah Stewart, managing director of board services for Boyden, will serve as moderator for the panel.