New Multicultural Affairs Director Named

Jeff Mallory has been named director of multicultural affairs in the Division of Student Life, effective June 2. His primary responsibility is to help develop the diverse student population by providing support services and opportunities for learning.

Jeff Mallory

Mallory most recently worked in multicultural student life and campus life at his alma mater of Saint Vincent College, where he earned a degree in public policy in 2006 and a master’s in business management with a concentration in operational excellence in 2013.

The 6’11” Mallory played basketball professionally in Cordoba, Spain, for two years after graduating and playing on the Saint Vincent team. When he returned to the United States, he served as the associate head coach of Saint Vincent’s basketball team for five years, in addition to his full-time duties in multicultural student life and campus life.

Living in Spain piqued his interest in multicultural affairs. “I was very intrigued with helping others as a result of living abroad in a different country and culture,” said Mallory. “I knew that I wanted to give back to others, and the multicultural aspect in higher education has definitely given me a chance to help others in their respective pursuits.”

Mallory said he is impressed by Duquesne’s friendly campus as well as the University’s self-contained campus being so close to downtown Pittsburgh. “My first time being near campus was during the Pittsburgh Marathon in May while running down the Boulevard of the Allies underneath the Duquesne University arch,” Mallory said.

His first challenge is to prepare for the Office of Multicultural Affairs’ program on Aug. 18 and 19, when incoming, multicultural students have the opportunity to engage in a vast range of planned activities before the campus-wide Orientation program.

“I can’t wait for the programs to get underway,” Mallory said. “I am really looking forward to meeting all of the students, faculty and staff.”