To provide members of the campus community with a secure and environmentally responsible way to dispose of unwanted, unused or out-of-date prescription medications, a free drug take-back event will be held on Friday, Sept. 26, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the rotunda of the Bayer Learning Center.
The following will be accepted for proper disposal with no questions asked:
- Unused, expired or recalled prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Labeled or unlabeled medications
- Ointments, creams, lotions or powders
- Inhalers and nebulizer solutions.
The event will not accept:
- Needles, EpiPen injectors, syringes, lancets or any other sharps
- Thermometers, glass or durable medical equipment
- Marijuana or methamphetamines.
Participants should leave medicines in their original containers and mark out personal information.
The event is sponsored by the Mylan School of Pharmacy, H.E.A.R.T. (Helping Educate and Rehabilitate Together), the Wellness in Motion initiative and the Department of Public Safety.
For more information or questions, contact Dr. Vincent Giannetti at 412.396.6379.