Kane Named New Director of Diversity and Inclusion

Dr. Anthony Kane has been named director of diversity and inclusion in the Division of Student Life. He began his new position on Aug. 10.

Dr. Anthony Kane
Dr. Anthony Kane

Kane has been at Duquesne University as a member of the Student Life team for seven years, serving in various roles for the Office of Residence Life (ORL), including assistant director and resident director. Kane most recently served as associate director of campus inclusion, splitting his service to students in both the ORL and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.

“I am honored and humbled to serve as the director for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, in this role,” Kane said. “I will work to ensure that Duquesne is a campus where all students feel they are welcomed.”

In his new role, Kane provides broader leadership and guidance for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, serving as a central resource for student support and inclusion, and as an advocate for student initiatives that will improve the quality of campus life and overall student wellbeing.

“Anthony’s dedication to our students and the University mission is highly visible by the manner in which he interacts with students on a daily basis and in how they respond with respect and admiration,” Senior Vice President Dr. Doug Frizzell wrote in a campus email. “He has never wavered in his dedication to enhancing the student experience. I am very excited to have Anthony as part of my leadership team, and I look forward to the exciting things that he will accomplish.”