Funds totaling $626,665 were recently received by the School of Nursing, the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, the School of Pharmacy and the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES).
- Patricia Kelley, professor, School of Nursing, $484,982, from the TriService Nursing Research Program of the U.S. Department of Defense, administered by Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, for Accounts of Care Partnerships with Wounded, Ill or Injured Service Members, N18-B06.
- Alison Colbert, associate professor and associate dean for academic affairs, School of Nursing, $10,000, from the Opportunity Fund, to provide prenatal support and doula services for incarcerated women.
- Marinus Iwuchukwu, chair and professor of theology, $10,000, from Islamic Relief USA, to support the Consortium for Christian-Muslim Dialogue and interfaith and intercultural initiatives.
- John Lane, director of theater arts, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, $3,000, from the Nora Roberts Foundation, to support the 2019 STAGES Summer Camp program.
- Wilson Meng, associate professor, School of Pharmacy, $76,457, from the National Institutes of Health passed through Allegheny-Singer Research Institute, for Induction of Allogeneic Tolerance with Bioengineered Thymus Organoids.
- Heather Allen, a graduate student of Dr. Benedict Kolbert, Department of Biological Sciences, BSNES, $42,226, from a Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Pre-Doctor Fellowship from the National Institutes of Health, for Investigation of Cell-Type Specific Contributions to Bladder Pain Modulation in the Central Amygdala.