Funds totaling $366,916 were recently received by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), the School of Pharmacy, the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSNES) and the Rangos School of Health Sciences.
- Mary McKinney, SBDC, $231,817, from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, for the Southwestern Region PREP program.
- Mary McKinney, SBDC, $19,784, from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, for the Northwestern Region PREP program.
- Paula Witt-Enderby, School of Pharmacy, $20,023, From OsteoStrong Franchising, LLC, for clinical trials assessing melatonin and osteogenic loading on bone health and quality of life in osteopenia.
- Brandon Hoenig, a student of Dr. Brian Trevelline, BSNES, $3,151, from the National Aviary in Pittsburgh, for Dietary Shifts Over the Annual Cycle of a Neotropical Migratory Songbird.
- Jill Dembowski, BSNES, $6,743, from Hunkele Dreaded Disease Research, for LSD1 Function and Inhibition During HSV-1 Infection.
- John Viator, Rangos School of Health Sciences, $85,398, from the Commonwealth Universal Research Enhancement, for the Prediction of Ipilimumab Response by Analysis of Circulating Melanoma Cells.